Wednesday, March 28, 2012

the silence of sickness

I've been ill for the past week after reacting badly to the anesthetic and post-surgery medications I received for a simple surgery to remove two kidney stones. That I didn't actually need the surgery was only discovered during the surgery just added insult to injury.

I can't blame anyone for the fact that my body has a total intolerance to medication and completely collapses after anesthetic. It seems the same body can crush a 5mm kidney stone without skipping a beat, but falls apart at being put to sleep and giving meds to help deal with pain and infection.

I'm sitting up, eating a Saltine cracker to ensure I have something in my stomach before taking the medication for the Stent that is still in my body. Fortunately, it will be removed tomorrow at 1pm. I'm praying fervently that there will be no surprises or complications.

I promise I'll write a real blog next week to fill the silence of this week.....

Hope your week has been less interesting than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment