Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Yellow Brick Road

There is this awesome set of scenes in the Wizard of Oz where Judy Garland meets a group of unlikely heroes who join her quest to find a way home.
The best teams are built from a eclectic group of individuals with different gifts and needs but with one goal. The picture above is of some of YLC St. Louis' Committee. Each of them have astounding gifts; skills and talents. I think about what they can do naturally and brilliantly and realize that without them I'd be one of those eccentric guys trying to be a one-man band. Over-burdened with instruments, unfocused and just plain odd!

So I'm in awe of my fellow travelers as we walk down a very unusual road looking to create a safe place where people can seek out an answer to life's complexity. The only difference between me and Judy Garland is that if the flying monkeys turn up I'm going to try and recruit them! How cool would it be to have flying monkeys on our team? I have to confess the wicked with had some cool team mates. Ahh well........ sigh....... back to reality..... actually now that I think on it there are quite a few differences between me and Judy Garland..... sigh......

The people in this picture have all met and recognized a mutual need. So we joined together and walked together.
What do you think it takes to be on the Yellow Brick Road? A tornado or just a deep desire for the place we call home?




No comments:

Post a Comment