Thursday, August 11, 2011

80's music and a day alone

I've spent the day alone writing drafts for a newsletter; support letters, strategic and tactical planning proposals and sending plain old fashioned emails. Alongside that I've been listening to 80's hits.

I doubt there has been another era so utterly stuffed with fluff! The hair was huge, the lyrics embarrassingly overblown and the clothes were just horrific. But I'm delighted to confess I'm an 80's kid! The denim jackets covered in Adam Ant badges and patches gave way to Kizz and Black Sabbath. My hair was outrageously tangled. We heavy metal types defined grungy long before it was cool to look like you slept in a gutter. Getting high on glue and dating girls with short haircuts and florescent orange socks, seems to be all I remember of the 80's. Perhaps that may be a mercy?!?

I've also been invited to an 80's party this month. I'm torn between wearing my torn Levi's; a tight black T-shirt and topping it all by discovering if it is possible to rent a huge wig of curly dark hair that looks like it was last brushed in 1971! Alternatively I could scour the Thrift stores of St. Louis to see if there is an old spangled suit laying around with the turn up sleeves. :)

My poor wife is a 90's kid who just smiles when her old husband plays his 80's hits.....




1 comment:

  1. yesssss can't wait to see which outfit you end up wearing :)

    ReplyDelete