Thursday, August 18, 2011

Camping country




I'm just back from Potosi, MO where I visited the YMCA camp. I'm impressed! Here's the link http://www.ymcaoftheozarks.org/welcome

Great cabins, awesome views, great staff..... I'm a camping snob and I'm utterly open about my intolerances! :) So often these small town camps are less than delightful; so it was with profound relief that I found the YMCA's camp so awesome.....

I'm a huge believer in taking people out of their comfort zones and planting them in an alien world with nothing familiar and ask them to do things they may never have tried and to think things they may never have thought. While it will be quite some time before we have enough interest and numbers to warrant an extended stay at somewhere like Trout Lodge I'm excited such places exist.

So my day was filled with dreaming about how we could use Trout Lodge and trying not to freak out after eating a Bison Burger..... My first Bison! I must confess I feel very much like dances with wolves..... Now I've had Bison I feel like I've finally tasted America!!!! Yeah!!!!

I know the life of an Irishman in the Midwest may seem strange..... but then the life of an American in rural Ireland would also seem strange!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment