Monday, August 15, 2011

Mohawks and Root Canals

This is my Father-in-law Steven Schmich. He is a retired phys-ed teacher who helps run outdoor education camps for middle schoolers in St. Louis. During his most recent camp he shaved his head into a Mohawk. Obviously the kids loved him for it. The truly awesome thing about Steven is he kept it after he got home. He took his 87 year old mother to church on Saturday night and said hello to the pastor without ever mentioning the Mohawk! Then off he goes to the supermarket to pick up the weekly groceries. There an older man mentioned the Mohawk and how odd it was for a man Steven's age. Steven told him he was trying out for a role in a play "The Last of the Mohicans!" It starts a whole discussion between the man; Steven and the check out guy about how cool Last of the Mohicans is!!! I truly admire my Father-in-law! He is one of the most impressive men I've ever met yet he also keeps a Mohawk just to get a rise out of his normal world! People are so concerned about what others' think... Steven cares about other people but he could care less about "looking" impressive to other people! So I want to be Steven when I grow up!
I also had a root canal today.... I love American dentists! Dr. Mears from Arnold, MO, numbs my gums before injecting me to numb my gums! Yes, No pain means American dentists! I hurt more now from having my mouth open for two hours!!!!

So another day another few dozen dollars and I've a swollen mouth and a super cool father-in-law! Hope your week has started as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment